The HARRIS CENTER for Mental Health and IDD is looking for a Chief Medical Officer
Wayne Young, CEO, describes the expectations for leadership and how to succeed
About the Position
The Harris Center, one of the largest community mental health care centers in the US, is looking for a Chief Medical Officer (CMO) experienced in psychiatry to join our team of expert executives under the administrative supervision of the CEO. As the CMO, you will provide leadership and direction for the clinical operations at all 86 sites of The Harris Center in order to provide safe and effective care to our patient population.
You will collaborate with stakeholders and peers in the C-Suite as well as VPs of Divisions in order to establish and execute policies that will directly impact clinical services, contract performance, and regulatory compliance. The Chief Medical Officer will also be responsible for providing clinical oversight to the utilization management program and directly supervise the Directors of Pharmacy Services and Quality Improvement, as well as the Physician Liaison to the Probate Court of Harris County.
In addition to clinical guidance, you will also serve as the representative for The Harris Center in the medical community, oversee peer review activities for medical and clinical staff, and serve as Chair for the Professional Review Committee.
- Physician leader of the medical staff and is a member of the senior executive team responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating the medical practice delivery system in accordance with the organization’s standards
- Represents Center to local, state, and national medical societies as well as a variety of public and private agencies, advisory boards, committees, and stakeholders
- Provides a minimum of 3 hours weekly of medical director onsite leadership presence by rounding, coaching, and mentoring psychiatric providers and medical support staff at all Harris Center sites, across all shifts and days of the week
- Models and demonstrates superior client care by providing direct patient care at least monthly, participating in staffings, team meetings and case reviews
- Leads collaboratively across the organization and with external constituents in order to provide the highest quality of care to all individuals. This includes ensuring that the providers, staff, facilities and protocols meet the highest standards of excellence at all times
Keena Pace, COO, describes what The Harris Center is looking for in the new CMO
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(a), 403(b), or 457 retirement plans with matching
- Generous PTO
- Competitive salary
- Free banking
- Family and Medical leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Loan Repayment Coordination Assistance
- Professional development programs
- New hire referral bonus
- Discounts on mobile phone service, fitness centers, and more (optional)
- Corporate discounts
- Graduation from an approved college of medicine as an M.D. or D.O.
- Completion of a general psychiatry residency
- License to practice medicine with a specialty in psychiatry
- Multiple years of community psychiatry experience
- Multiple years of direct management experience as a strategic contributor
- Eligible for a Texas medical licensure and willing to obtain upon hiring
- Board Certified (or Board Eligible) in General Psychiatry
Wayne Young, CEO, discusses the financial support The Harris Center receives and why that stabilizes us
About The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
The Harris Center is the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas and one of the largest community mental health care centers in the US. Our clinics treat nearly 80,000 patients each year. We are a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) and are also Certified by CARF International. In order to meet the needs of our large patient base, we provide a full continuum of care at 86 different sites, including our 24-hour inpatient care center, and in more than 42 different languages. Our 2,300 employees, including more than 60 physicians, are committed to meeting the behavioral and intellectual/developmental needs of Harris County residents by empowering them via an accessible, integrated, and comprehensive recovery-oriented system of care.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#chiefmedicalofficer #cmo #psychiatry #behavioralmedicine #theharriscenter