Director of Emergency Services at Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Watch this video to know WHO IS GERALD CHAMPION
About the Position
The Director coordinates the department for twenty-four-hour coverage. They are responsible for the financial liabilities of the department, quality of care, functional excellence and contribute to accomplish the strategic goals and objectives of the hospital. Demonstrates leadership qualities and critical thinking through self-direction, initiative, effective interpersonal skills and oral/written communication skills.
The Emergency Unit at Gerald Champion
The GCRMC Emergency Department sees 32,000 visits per year and is a level 3 trauma center available 24/7. The emergency room nurses are all ACLS, PALS, and trauma nurse certified. The department is staffed by physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and technicians. Lab services are provided 24 hours a day by a CAP Certified laboratory. Our state-of-the-art Diagnostic Imaging department compliments the services available in our Emergency Department. Hospitalists are available to meet the needs of patients without a primary care physician. Helicopter transport is available for patients requiring a higher level of care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Director of Nursing Unit(s) under the direction of the CNO/ACNO, is responsible for:
- The 24-hour operations of the unit(s) assigned.
- Meeting operational targets established for service line unit(s)
- Facilitating recruitment, selection, integration, and retention of unit staff to meet patient care needs and defined staffing matrix positions.
- Collaborating with Assistant Director (if applicable) in evaluation and assessment of staff knowledge and skills of unit(s) staff and managing plan to increase skill/knowledge and staff performance in areas of identified deficiency or career growth.
- Serving as a role model of GCRMC mission, vision, and values and standards of behavior.
- Monitoring financial and operational performance of unit(s), completing variance reports and makes recommendations to improve unit performance to meet or exceed defined budgets.
- Analyzing service line operations and developing strategies to improve quality, performance, functional excellence, expand services, and increase contribution to organization’s margin and strategic goals and objectives.
- Education and Training
- Education Assistance
- Certification Reimbursement
- Generous sign on bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Rewards and Recognition
- Eligibility to Qualify for the Daisy Award
- Clinical Ladder
Video Clip: GCRMC’s Relationship With the Local Military Base
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. Our mission is simple. We want to be the organization where patients choose to come for care, physicians want to practice, and people want to work. Ultimately, we want to be South Central New Mexico’s leading provider of affordable, high-quality healthcare. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.