Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
About the position
Oncology Consultants, PA is seeking a full time Oncolytic Nurse Navigator for our specialty pharmacy located in Houston. Fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning oncology practice with competitive compensation, full benefits, and 9 paid holidays. The position will be working in a multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive oncology care to the patient focusing on oral oncolytic and the supportive treatments.
The nurse navigator oversees the oncolytic program to support the navigation of patients through healthcare environments for optimization of care and outcomes. Will facilitate from initiation of drug authorization to patient follow up in order to improve continuity of care and streamline the intervention process of the oncolytic space. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, nurses, pharmacy, patients, and caregivers to provide resources and assistance with accessing clinical and supportive care services.
Mon - Fri: 9am - 6pm
Insurances: Life, medical, dental, short term and long term disability
Initiate and follow up on prior authorizations and appeals.
· Manage oncolytic refills and patient follow up visits.
· Supports,maintains, and provides quality patient care to improve patient’s compliance and adherence oncolytic resulting in positive outcome.
· Practices,develops, and endorses quality customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
· Facilitates and educates patients and families regarding medications, side effects, and follow up care.
· Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care, or the services delivered.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
· Plans and delivers weekly and monthly status updates.
· Excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent attention to details
· Ability to supervise pharmacy technicians
· Ability to cope with varied levels of workload and multitasking
· Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Detail oriented and good problem solving skills
· Self-motivated and able to work independently
· Strong Interpersonal skills
· LVN or RN from an accredited College/University.
·Current, unencumbered State license to practice as a LVN or RN.
· At least 2 years of experience in oncology setting managing oral oncolytic
· At least 2 years of experience in doing prior authorization with PBMs
· At least 2 years of experience in a supervisory role
· Understanding of medical/pharmacy terminology and be able to calculate dose, CLCR, etc.
· Willingness to learn and positive attitude required
· Experience with Microsoft programs
· Pharmacy technician background preferred
· Managed Care/Specialty Pharmacy preferred
· Direct Interaction with a Multidisciplinary Clinical Team
"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Houston, TX for over 25 years. Our healthcare team is committed to provide state of the art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we continue to expand our oncology services in the metropolitan region.
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Medical Center | Memorial City | Sugar Land | Katy | Willowbrook | Southwest Northwest | West Houston