Nurse Practitioner at Nightlight Pediatric Urgent Care
Watch Dr. Chu's video as he discusses the Pediatrician Opportunity at NightLight
About the Position:
Nightlight Pediatric Urgent Care is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to provide coverage for our after-hours pediatric urgent care clinic locations throughout the Houston area. Nightlight provides quality, affordable, compassionate services to children ranging from newborn to 21 years old.
Why NightLight is a Great Place to Work:
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long & short-term disability, Life insurance
- CME allowance
- Uniform allowance
- Employer paid Malpractice insurance coverage
- 401 (K) Program (with matching)
- Employee discounts
- Wellness program
- Paid time off and much more
- Sugar Land
- Garden Oaks
Dr. Chu's video demonstration: Medical Equipment used at NightLight
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Maintains and updates patient records and other patient information related to acute visits
- Communicates to Medical Assistants clear and instructions for patient follow-up with regards to lab and imaging results.
- Handles patient correspondence, phone calls, faxes, pharmacy calls and follow-up calls with regards to patient visits, prescriptions, labs and imaging studies
- Delegates & documents patient call back information to the Medical Assistants (MAs) on duty with regard to medical advice, prescriptions, labs, and imaging studies
- Obtains pertinent clinical information including the patient’s acute complaint history and conduction of focused physical exam as directed by the patient history.
- Performs laceration repairs, incisions & drainage of abscesses, application of splints, wart treatments, and partial excision of ingrown toe nails.
- May be asked to cath, draw blood or use a bag mask valve to ventilate a patient as the situation requires.
- Formulation and communication of discharge instructions for each patient seen with clear documentation of this plan within the EMR so that it can easily be relayed to the patient’s PCP.
- Coordinate/Run emergency procedures in cases where patients present as unstable.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registration
- Current PALS or BLS.
- Board Certified as an Advanced Practice Nurse in Texas.
- Full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in Texas.
Hours of Operation:
- Sept – May:
- Monday–Friday 3pm - 11pm;
- Weekends 11am – 9pm, and 12pm – 7pm on holidays.
- June - August:
- Weekdays 3pm - 11pm
- Weekends & Holidays 12pm - 7pm
Dr Dao & Rivera's Video Interview: Career Opportunity at NightLight Pediatric Urgent Care
NightLight Pediatric Urgent Care is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply Now in less than 5 minutes
Contact us today to learn more about how you can become part of the NightLight Pediatric Urgent Care family!