Title: Emergency Room Registered Nurse | Evenings | FT and PT
Department: Emergency Department
Type: Full Time
Location: Alamogordo, NM
Our community hospital in sunny New Mexico is paying a $11k sign-on bonus to Experienced ER RN applicants.
Relocation assistance is also available.
Robert Middleton, CNO of Gerald Champion shares what GCRMC does to make a difference in nurse’s lives.
About the Emergency Room
The GCRMC Emergency Department sees 32,000 visits per year and is a level 3 trauma center available 24/7. The emergency room nurses are all ACLS, PALS, and trauma nurse certified. The department is staffed by physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and technicians. Lab services are provided 24 hours a day by a CAP Certified laboratory. Our state- of-the-art Diagnostic Imaging department compliments the services available in our Emergency Department. Hospitalists are available to meet the needs of patients without a primary care physician. Helicopter transport is available for patients requiring a higher level of care.
Duties and Responsibilities
The GCRMC ER RN interacts with nearly every specialty in the medical center with conditions ranging from minor illnesses to life-threatening diseases and injuries.
The registered nurse in the Emergency Unit is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care.
- Supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- Functions includes accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients.
- Provides leadership through activities such as preceptor role, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts.
- Delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability, and adequacy of resources.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, baccalaureate degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience required
- Current New Mexico State Registered Nurse Licensure
- Current BLS certification or will attain within one month of employment. ACLS, PALS and TNCC or within 6 months of employment
Watch the video above to know more about Nurse Recruitment in GCRMC
- Shift Differential Pay
- On Call Pay
- Team Leader Pay
- Resource Pool Pay
- Education and Training
- Experience Credit
- Certification Pay Differential or Hiring Bonus
- Education Assistance
- Preceptor Pay
- BSN/MSN Degree Pay
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Generous sign on bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- 401K matching
- Direct Deposit
- Generous PLT (Paid Leave Time)
- Major Medical Bank (Paid Sick Time)
- Holiday Pay
- Rewards and Recognition
- Eligibility to Qualify for the Daisy Award
- Merit Increases/Evaluations
- Clinical Ladder
- Referral bonus
- Long service bonus
- Holiday parties
- Free meal in the cafeteria
- Employee of the Month
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retail Discounts for Employees
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. Our mission is simple. We want to be the organization where patients choose to come for care, physicians want to practice, and people want to work. Ultimately, we want to be South Central New Mexico’s leading provider of affordable, high quality healthcare. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.
To learn more about how you can become an RN on our Emergency Room team and a valued member of the Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center family.