About the Position:
Nightlight Pediatric Urgent Care is seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner to provide coverage for our after hours pediatric urgent care clinic locations throughout the Houston area. Nightlight provides quality, affordable, compassionate services to children ranging from newborn to 21 years old.
- Sugar Land
- Garden Oaks
Why NightLight is a Great Place to Work
- No call, no nights.
- 100% employer paid health
- 100% employer paid dental & vision
- Paid Malpractice
- 401(k) program with match
- License & Certification Reimbursements
- Shift differentials
- CME Allowance
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discounts
- Wellness Programs
- Flexible work schedule with 4 day workweek
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Maintains and updates patient records and other patient information related to acute visits
- Communicates to Medical Assistants clear and instructions for patient follow-up with regards to lab and imaging results.
- Handles patient correspondence, phone calls, faxes, pharmacy calls and follow-up calls with regards to patient visits, prescriptions, labs and imaging studies
- Delegates & documents patient call back information to the Medical Assistants (MAs) on duty with regard to medical advice, prescriptions, labs, and imaging studie
- Obtains pertinent clinical information including the patient’s acute complaint history and conduction of focused physical exam as directed by the patient history.
- Performs laceration repairs, incisions & drainage of abscesses, application of splints, wart treatments, and partial excision of ingrown toe nails.
- May be asked to cath, draw blood or use a bag mask valve to ventilate a patient as the situation requires.
- Formulation and communication of discharge instructions for each patient seen with clear documentation of this plan within the EMR so that it can easily be relayed to the patient’s PCP.
- Coordinate/Run emergency procedures in cases where patients present as unstable.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registration
- Must be able to provide coverage to all clinic locations.
- Available to work the full schedule rotation.
- Current PALS or BLS.
- Board Certified as an Advanced Practice Nurse in Texas.
- Full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in Texas.
Hours of Operation:
- Sept – May:
- Monday–Friday 3pm - 11pm;
- Weekends 11am – 9pm, and 12pm – 7pm on holidays.
- June - August:
- Weekdays 3pm - 11pm (new hours);
- Weekends & Holidays 12pm - 7pm
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.