Title: Certified Surgical Tech - OR Tech
Department: 3D - Health Support Technicians
Type: Full Time
Location: Sheridan, WY
About the Position
Assists with the nursing care of patients. Assists surgeon during operative and invasive procedures. Ensures operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure. Monitor PAR level of all surgical instruments and supplies. Cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments. Participates in departmental staff meetings and performance improvement activities. Performs routine and delegated duties in accordance with the A.O.R.N. Standards. Takes on-call status as assigned for Surgical Services Department.
Uniqueness of our opportunity
Sheridan Memorial Hospital has various job opportunities available. Should you choose to join our workforce, you will be among co-workers who are friendly, compassionate, caring and courteous. At Sheridan Memorial Hospital, the focus is on providing the most positive patient experience possible.
- "Working on Wellness"
- W.O.W. - Program focuses on supporting the overall health and wellbeing of our employees knowing that being our individual best contributes to excellent care for our patients and their families.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive on-site education
- Certification programs
- Opportunity for cross-training in many areas of the hospital
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hospital Services Discount
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments, sutures, supplies and equipment for each individual surgical procedure
- Demonstrates competence in care of specimens and accurately handles specimens at all times
- Assists in positioning, prepping and draping of patients for surgical procedures
- Performs services requiring technical or manual skills under the direction of Circulating RN.
- Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures and after last case; restocks supplies, when necessary and organizes effectively for end-of-case clean up.
- Follows written procedures for steam sterilization; knows responsibilities and the necessity for chemical and biological monitoring.
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment within the Operating Room Technician’s scope of practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned within scope of practice.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Current BLS
- Satisfactory completion of Operating Room Technician Program and/or equivalent on the job training
- Minimum one (1) year of work experience in the Operating Room
- Demonstrates adherences to infection control policies. Uses PPE
- Demonstrates knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Complies with Blood borne Pathogen, TB exposure Plans, and Hazardous Waste Management Program.
- Basic medical terminology and knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills
- Monday to Friday - 6:30AM to 3:00PM
- Rotating call shift Monday to Friday - 3:00PM - 6:30AM; Weekends 6:30AM - 6:30AM
- Rotating call depends on staffing #'s
About Sheridan Memorial Hospital
Sheridan Memorial Hospital, located on the Eastern Slope of the Big Horn Mountains in Wyoming, is a unique community-centered hospital that balances contemporary medical technologies with an extraordinary commitment to patient satisfaction. For over 100 years, we have brought progressive programs and medicine, superior outcomes, and cutting-edge technology to the people we serve.
Live and work at the foot of the Big Horn Mountains in Sheridan, Wyoming! Sheridan Memorial Hospital has been caring for this community and northern Wyoming for 100 years. Nestled at the foothills of the Big Horn Mountains of north eastern Wyoming spectacular scenery and outdoor activities abound. This is an excellent place to raise a family, with outstanding schools and many cultural and recreational activities available.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.