Title: Operating Room Registered Nurse - OR RN - Day Shift
Location: Sheridan, WY
About the Position
Operating Room Nurse provides care for patients before, during and after surgery. In addition to general nursing care, the responsibilities of OR Nurse includes (but are not limited to):
- Provides direct patient care to pediatric through geriatric patient populations.
- Provides care according to AORN standards
- Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments.
- Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures and after last case
- Follows written procedures for steam sterilization.
- Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment.
- Maintains surgical equipment and inventory.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of outpatient surgical cases are met.
Uniqueness of our opportunity
Sheridan Memorial Hospital has various job opportunities available. Should you choose to join our workforce, you will be among co-workers who are friendly, compassionate, caring and courteous. At Sheridan Memorial Hospital, the focus is on providing the most positive patient experience possible.
- "Working on Wellness"
- W.O.W. - Program focuses on supporting the overall health and wellbeing of our employees knowing that being our individual best contributes to excellent care for our patients and their families.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive on-site education
- Certification programs
- Opportunity for cross-training in many areas of the hospital
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Retirement Paln
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hospital Services Discount
*Full benefits depend on employment status (Full-time and/or temp, temp to perm).
- Wyoming RN License and minimum of 1-2 years previous OR experience.
- Circulate and OR Scrub experience of 2+ years preferred.
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS or Arrhythmia-identification certification.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must possess Excellent Customer Service skills.
About Sheridan Memorial Hospital
Sheridan Memorial Hospital, located on the Eastern Slope of the Big Horn Mountains in Wyoming, is a unique community-centered hospital that balances contemporary medical technologies with an extraordinary commitment to patient satisfaction. For over 100 years, we have brought progressive programs and medicine, superior outcomes, and cutting-edge technology to the people we serve.
Live and work at the foot of the Big Horn Mountains in Sheridan, Wyoming! Sheridan Memorial Hospital has been caring for this community and northern Wyoming for 100 years. Nestled at the foothills of the Big Horn Mountains of north eastern Wyoming spectacular scenery and outdoor activities abound. This is an excellent place to raise a family, with outstanding schools and many cultural and recreational activities available.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.