Title: Business Development Representative
Department: Sales and Business Development
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, TX
The Business Development Representative - Health Plans / PEPM will primarily be responsible for achieving financial growth by leveraging his/her own relationships with the leadership of:
- Managed care organizations
- Payors / Health Insurance Plans
- Self-funded employer plans
- Health insurance brokerage firms / producers
The successful candidate will primarily be presenting the medical clinics services and PEPM plan to these organizations.
- Existing relationships in at least one of these niches is required.
- Ideally, the candidate will have payor or managed care experience.
Grows, enhances and retains existing referral base/partnerships by presenting the organization’s solutions and services designed to help reduce readmission rates and keep their members healthy
Essential Functions and Duties
- Research, identify, and initiate meetings with potential referrals/partnerships primarily including self-funded employers (ASO’s) and health insurance organizations as well as insurance brokers, HR consultants, and other influencers
- Grow the organization’s business by engaging partners and patients in campaigns and partnership programs/events.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the organization’s unique value propositions and differentiators.
- Develop proposals that target partner needs, concerns, and objectives. Understand the partner community including Self-Funded Employers, ASO’s, Payors, ACOs, Urgent Care’s, Primary Care Providers, Head Start programs, FQHCs, etc. and craft the right messaging to demonstrate our value to their overall objective.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Work with marketing and community liaison staff to ensure that our messaging and outreach grows interest in doing business with organization
- Understand the organization’s goal and purpose to continuously enhance the company’s performance.
- Stay engaged with latest changes in Healthcare policy regarding Medicaid, telemedicine and commercial reimbursement and inform organization management team of impact
- Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Existing Active Relationships with those working in one or more of the following is required:
- Self-funded employers
- Health insurance plans/organizations
- HR Consultants with self-funded employer (ASO) clientele
- Brokers/Agents with self-funded employer (ASO) clientele
- Proven track record of sales success and directly impacting revenue growth
- Valid driver’s license, current auto insurance and reliable transportation
- Health, life and dental
- $80-125k Base Salary DOE
- $100k-$150k+ total compensation at goal
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.